"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Friday, July 27, 2012

Home. USA!

"Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving." ~Terry Pratchett

home. home truly is where the heart is. my heart is so full. i am sad to be away from the adventures of Europe, but i am so happy to be home. so happy to be with my family. so happy to hear the voices of my friends. so blessed to have all these people to come home to. home is here and so am i.

It's hard to believe that I just spent 9 weeks in Europe. When people ask me about the trip I admit that it feels like I never went. But then I look back at my pictures and it all starts coming back to me. I am so blessed. The sights I saw, the people I met, and the experiences I had were once in a lifetime and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be a part of them. I learned so much about Chris, myself, and the world around me. I learned that I am such a small part of this world. Such a small part of this world, but such a big part of my own life. I can make a difference. I can make a difference in the lives of my friends, family, and patients. I matter. Everyone matters. We are all such a small part of this huge, amazing, wonderful world of God, but we all matter. Whether it's to one person, a family, or God we matter. It's amazing. It's amazing the lives that we can affect just in our everyday life. It's amazing the effect that others can have on you. What you can learn from others and their experiences. Don't take that for granted. Be grateful. Say thank you. Show appreciation. It doesn't go unnoticed.   
Travel. Meet new people. Have conversation with strangers. You will be affected. You will affect them. You will learn and love and be loved.
Travel. Allow yourself to see your world with new eyes, open eyes. See your life with a new heart, an open heart. Find the good in others and situations. Live life without expectation and accept the unexpected. Be free!!

Love Life, Live Life

No comments:

Post a Comment