I've been here in Austin for two weeks now & feel like I've already done SO much!
Long update: Mom & I left a chilly 48° Hot Springs early in the AM and after many miles and lots traffic we arrived at my new apt. in a hot 93° Austin. Boy, what a change! After a quick meeting with my leasing office I picked up my keys and we were all moved in within only a few hours. Moved in enough to shop, eat, & explore for the rest of the weekend. We had the best time eating at some of Austin's finest and of course finding the nearest shopping mall!
After Mom left I settled into the apartment and prepared for a week of work. As a traveler I only had 2.5 days of "paperwork" orientation and two days of unit orientation and then it was all me. All on my own. To care for 3-5 patients. With illnesses that I could possibly know nothing about. Scary? Nah. But really, I am working through it and enjoying the work. Here's to nothing!
Besides working I have had some time to fit in some real fun! I've already had my fair share of some yummy meals and awesome lake front happy hours. I have also fallen in love with running Town Lake! Town Lake/ Lady Bird Lake runs through Austin and has a trail on both the North and South sides. There are always TONS of people running, walking, &/or lounging on the trail. The best part is that there are pianos placed at random spots on the trail...so cool. There are always people relaxing and playing some funky tunes which makes for a great cool down after a hot run.
A few of my days have also been spent sunning by the apartment pool. My apartment is nice and cozy and the complex is great! http://www.thecottagesaustin.com/ We've got a great pool and gym which I've been utilizing lots until two days ago when... I GOT CABLE & INTERNET!!! I never realized how many hours were in a day until I lived alone without tv or internet. Seriously ya'll. It's crazy how much you can get done when you aren't wasting time lounging on the couch watching foolish shows or surfing the web (which is exactly what I am currently doing).
Short & sweet update: Move out of my parents house once...again. Move cities. Live alone for the first time ever. Start a new job.
LOVE LIFE
LOVE LIFE

No comments:
Post a Comment