"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life of Leisure

"I finally figured out that the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it."             ~ Rita Mae Brown


Well...my two months of freedom are coming to an end this week and it's a bitter sweet feeling. I have had SO much fun living the non-working life. I've traveled a ton, visited friends, spent much needed time with my parents and family, and learned some new things about myself. I always said that I would get bored not working, I was lying to myself. I have had the best time living this life and would be thrilled if I could keep it up for longer. Unfortunately, the funds are running low and the sick kids need me (at least that's what I am telling myself so I feel motivated to get back into the "real world"). 


Here is a preview of how I spent my 8 weeks of freedom...

Fayetteville, Arkansas to celebrate my 25th birthday, Valentine's Day, and Ben's 27th birthday. Oh. And to pick up my 'new' car (not new, but new to me!).

Capturing Dad in my 'new' car.
Lexus GS 300.


Houston, Texas for the wedding of Lauren and Bryan Athon!

Lauren & Bryan Athon's Pre-wedding Cocktail Party 
Lauren's Wedding Party 
Melissa & I

Nashville, Tennesse to visit my friend John and a new city!

At the Jack Daniels Distillery.
Liz, me, Chaz, & John with Jack himself. 

Fort Worth, Texas for a week to care for 
the girls I nannied junior and senior year of college. 

We visited my house at TCU for junior & senior year.
Still looks the same.
Hattie Belle (age 5) riding the horse at the Science & History Museum in FW.
White River Cabin in Cotter, Arkansas for 'spring break' 
and Dad's 59th birthday!

First cast in years. 23 inch rainbow trout!!


Learning to fly fish with Dad.
Beautiful White River sunsets


Austin, Texas for Emily's Bachelorette Party on Lake Travis!

Our Lake Travis 'home'

Some of Emily's goodies!
A sweet Texas sunset!!

Does this look and sound like heaven or what!? I have been living THE life and loving every minute of it. After nearly 5,000 miles on the 'new' car, lots of special times with family & friends, and tons of new memories that i'll cherish forever it's time to pack up and move to Austin. Come visit me and we will find more sweet Texas sunsets!

LOVE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment