"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Do-Re-Mi"


In the past few years I have discovered my LOVE for music. Live music is my favorite, but any kind will do. I enjoy almost all types but cannot stand that yelling, screaming stuff. I do not and never will understand how people can listen to that...it's terrible. 
I didn't grow up around much music and have really only started discovering "new artist" on my own in the recent past. I have really enjoyed finding new music and sharing it with others. Here are some of the artist and songs that I have been enjoying and think you will too.

These aren't in any particular order but I highly recommend checking out these artist...you will not be sorry.
  • NeedToBreathe - I am legit obsessed with these guys. I was introduced to them about 2 years ago and have since seen them live twice. They are SO talented and very addictive. They are pretty easy on the eyes too! 
  • Ben Rector - This guy is great! He went to the UofA and I found out about him from some friends that graduated with him. I've loved his album "Into The Morning" and I think that he has released one since that I need to check out. Find him and enjoy!
  • Mumford & Sons - Where do I start? AMAZING!!! Enough said. If you haven't heard them yet then you are missing out. One of them could possibly be my first husband...you all just wait and watch! 
  • Band of Heathens - This is one of the groups that I have tried to share with some great friends recently. I was introduced to them from an old roommate and immediately fell in love. I could listen to them all day! All you Texans will really enjoy them.
  • Joshua Radin - Lots of my friends are big fans of his and I never really gave him the time of day until I heard his song in a movie recently. He has some great stuff and he is definitely worth checking out. 
  • Eric Hutchinson - He is new to me and the only song that has stuck is "Rock & Roll" but I really like it and think you will too!
  • Kings of Leon - LOVE them!! I got to see them live in DC last summer and they were fabulous. We rocked out and I have loved following them since. If you don't know about them then you have got a lot of catching up to do. 
  • Asher Book - I don't know much about this kid but I know that I love listening to his song "Try." I heard it in the movie Fame...lame?
  • Edward Sharpe - Again, like Asher I only know of one song - "Home." This song caught on fast with me! Maybe its the "Alabama, Arkansas..."
  • Griffin House - Find and enjoy "The Guy That Says Goodbye To You"
  • MGMT - They are pretty great. I haven't been listening to them as much lately, but whenever I hear them it always makes me happy...good things!
  • Ray LaMontagne - Oh Ray. I love you. I adore everything about you. Marry me? You will love him too...download and enjoy, but DO NOT steal my lover. 
  • The Script - I heard this group when "Breakeven" became popular, but I have really enjoyed their whole album. 
  • Sleeperstar - These guys are great live! Check the song "Texas Rain." You will love!
  • Green River Ordinance - I have known about these guys for years. It started with them playing in sorority chapter meetings and now they are big time! Lots of talent and lots ahead of them in the future, I hope!!! Great guys and AMAZING music!

This is all I have for now but I LOVE discovering new music and would love recommendations from you! Send them my way and enjoy that I have shared. 

LOVE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment