"Snowflakes are kisses from heaven." ~Author Unknown
Growing up in Arkansas meant that I never experienced "real" winters. Winter for me was two months of frigid mornings, cool afternoons, and cold evenings. Sure, we would get an occasional snowfall. School would be cancelled for a day and all the neighborhood kids would go crazy. We would make one foot tall snowmen (not enough snow for anything bigger), moms would make snow ice cream, and everyone would say "can you believe that snowstorm." Ha...if I had only known then what I know now.
I moved up North to DC in February of 2009 and was pleasantly surprised by the winter that year. Some snow here and there which was a nice change of pace, but nothing big. Anywho...some time passed and winter came again. Ohhhh did winter come again. Anyone remember "Snowpocalypse" or "Snowmageddon?"
Here are some photo's to jog your memory a bit...
![]() |
| Day one of snowfall |
![]() |
| Post snowfall |
![]() |
| Insert 7 day Carribean Cruise! |
If I remember correctly there was about 3 feet of snow in parts of the Nations capital. It was crazy. People were walking and skiing down the "Mall" and the city shut down for a little over a week. It's really too bad that hospitals don't close when everything else does! As I was busy sleeping at the hospital between shifts, my roommates were relaxing in the apartment, sipping on adult beverages, and enjoying their week off.
If I learned one thing while living through a true northern winter it's that I think I have seasonal depression. Seriously, I believe it!
| A car right outside Georgetown University Hospital...insane! |
Well...did I get off track or what! Where was I?
AHH...A Southern Snowfall.
Moving to the south I thought I had gotten away from wintery mixes and yucky slush that follows the beautiful snowstorms. Ha, no. Apparently winter followed me home. After just 48 hours in Hot Springs the snow started to fall. It snowed for about 9 hours and left behind 5 inches of beautiful, fluffy snow. It was really nice to wake up and know that I didn't have to make it to work! Also, my parents were off work for two days since the ENTIRE city of Hot Springs shut down due to "poor road conditions."
These pictures tell the story of what my parents and I did during our two snow days!
I hope that you all had as much fun in the snow as I did...and here is to many more snowy winters thanks to El Nino!
LOVE LIFE!





No comments:
Post a Comment