"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2/12 and feeling guilty

"Better to get up late & be wide awake than to get up early & be asleep all day." ~Anonymous


Yep. Week 2 is done. 
Only 10 more to go!
Here is a look at this past weeks progress. Here is also why I am feeling guilty.


Distance- 11.5
Time- 2 hours & 51 minutes
Weight loss- 1.5 pounds 
Yes, you are right! That means I am one pound away from the 4 week goal weight. woop!


Well. Here it is. I started out the week great. Doing my runs, staying strong, feeling great. Then I fell back into the real world and realized I had to work. You know, make money, make a living. Blah, blah, blah. If you know me you know that I would LOVE it if I never had to work again. My dream life is to travel. Anywhere, everywhere. Any day, everyday. But...that ain't gonna happen. Nope. Not right now at least. 
So... I started my week of work on Friday knowing that I had three 7-7 shifts ahead of me. yuck. Work was fine and Friday was my "rest" day so all was good. Saturday came along, I worked and skipped my "cross training" session of 30 minutes. While I shouldn't have done this I can explain my reasoning. I worked 12 hours, on my feet for 12 hours...enough right? Then Sunday arrived. I was scheduled to run 4 miles. Ha...that didn't happen. I told myself that it was ok, that I could do it on Monday when I didn't have to work. Some guilt, but I was alright with my decision. Well. I didn't do the 4 miles Monday either. Instead I slept until 12 and went shopping. It was nice, but no running involved. Thus the guilt. ohwell. Today was a great day. I did my 3.5 mile run, relaxed by the pool, and chatted/skyped with many great friends. 


So...long story short. I messed up, I am back on track, and I am feeling swell. the end!


I hope that you are all doing wonderfully and wish you all a happy rest of the week!


LOVE LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment