"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

look for me on the big screen!

"Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life." ~Buddha

I have had a few weeks of what I like to call "LA livin". Since I moved in a little over three weeks ago I have done my fair share of sightseeing and exploring Los Angeles. I've walked the "stars" on Hollywood, driven through Beverly Hills, walked the beach from Santa Monica to Venice, and survived a minor earthquake. When I say minor I mean that I didn't even know about it until people were talking about it at work the next day. But...I did survive. God has big plans for me I guess!
I am living in the North Hollywood Arts District aka "NoHo". My apartments are Living At NoHo...I sure hope no hoes live there. HA. love that joke. Anywho. The apartments are nice with a gym, rooftop pool, and underground parking (a big plus here). And I get to live there for free. The apartment isn't far from work but I've decided to take the rail to work since its just about two blocks from my apt. and a block from work. The train only takes about 15 minutes from stop to stop and it's a buck 50 per trip. Not bad considering it would probably take me at least 45 minutes to drive to work. With that being said, I disagree with everyone who says LA has bad traffic. The freeways are bad at times but in general the traffic moves quickly and I don't mind it one bit. It does help that when I am in sit still traffic I've got tall palm trees and rolling hills to gaze at. The area around my apt. has recently been revamped. I live in the LA Art Institute neighborhood and the Emmy building is my backyard so there are some pretty funky people around all the time. Lots of young people though and some fun, nice restaurants within walking distance.
Last weekend I went to see Cirque Du Soleil Iris (A Journey Through The World Of Cinema) at the famous Kodak Theatre. The theatre was pretty cool, but not near as glamorous as I had expected. They say that the Oscars will still be there and the show will take a month hiatus. The show was another spectacular Cirque show. It was my third Cirque show and I've never been disappointed! The bendy Asians and the muscular, near naked Russians are always enthralling.  
Working four nights a week has taken up more of my time than I would like, but I have been trying to fit in as much as I can. Tomorrow afternoon I am headed to see Chelsea Lately in Santa Monica. I might even head to the beach afterwards to catch a few rays and do some fun people watching. Wednesday I am going to see The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Look for me in the audience of those shows; I will let you know when they air! Thursday night I am going to see The Band of Heathens at a quiet, small venue in Hollywood. This is the third concert I've been to there since I moved here, I think I love it. I first saw Ben Rector with some girls then I went to Needtobreathe stag. Both were great shows! I still can't believe that I went to the show alone, but it ended but being a great time. Needtobreathe is one of my all time favorite bands so it was totally worth the strange looks.
Hopefully I will find some more awesome things to fill my time here in LA. I signed on for 5 months so I am here until January 8th...come visit me and join in on the fun!

LIVE LIFE

1 comment: