"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Friday, February 4, 2011

Change is Inevitable

"When you are through changing, you are through."  ~Bruce Barton


Life as I know it is about to change! My time in DC is coming to an end this weekend and with that I am preparing to start a whole new adventure with no end in sight. When I accepted the position at Georgetown University Hospital after TCU graduation I knew that I would be coming to DC for only two years. I had no idea what I would do after leaving, but I always knew that two years would be my commitment to the North. Now, two years later I am still happy with this decision and I am eager to see what's in store for me. 


What's next? Unemployment! My mom laughs every time I tell her this, but its true. I loved college without the school part and I love the "real world" without the working part. So, first order of business is to take two months off! My plans are to enjoy home cooked meals, a fireplace, and the freedom of a car while living with my parents for two months. I also have travel plans (surprise surprise!).
  1. Fayetteville, Arkansas to celebrate my 25th with family and friends. 
  2. Oklahoma City to get a glimpse of Ben's life.  
  3. TEXAS! Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston to see friends and celebrate the marriage of some dear friends Lauren and Bryan. 
  4. Nashville, Tennessee to explore a new city and visit an old friend.  
  5. "Spring Break" with my family on the White River in Arkansas 
  6. Texas for my best friend Emily's Bachelorette party! 
I have been SO blessed over the past two years in DC. I've met some amazing people and made lifelong friendships, worked amongst a talented group of doctors and nurses, and traveled the world! I will miss the opportunities that are D.C. and know that after leaving I will finally realize how lucky I was.  Never again will I be able to go on an afternoon walk along the National Mall or spend the day at the National Harbor. I am going to miss so much about DC!


The Blog? I am excited about this blog and hope that you enjoy wasting your time exploring it. My plan for the blog is to share my adventures with you, both good and bad. Life is going to be a lot of "who knows" and "why nots" over the next year or so and I hope that this blog will help us keep track of it all. Bear with me as I have never been a good writer and am terrible at grammar, but who really cares right? 


Next Post? Hopefully early next week after sending all my belongings with strange men and catching my one way home!


LOVE LIFE!

3 comments:

  1. Haley!!!! Love the blog! You are a great writer, especially if that's off the top of your head. Maybe your destined to write a book someday? Can't wait to read more.
    LOVE mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearnsy- after 4 years of living together it's time for us to say goodbye. So sad for you to leave but so excited to follow your next adventures. You're the best! DC will miss you!
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley...I love feeling like I'm a part of your day to day life! I miss you so much and am excited to keep closer tabs on you via your blog. Good luck with the move this weekend!!
    love dani

    ReplyDelete