"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Inspired by Invictus

"The best changes often start as single, simple thoughts. Think big, and discover how to make your dreams real." ~Unknown


Preface: The inspiration for this entry came from the movie Invictus. As I sat at home watching this movie with my parents last night (welcome to my life these days) I became really inspired. If you have yet to see Invictus then you really are missing out. I recommend renting/ordering/downloading it asap. It truly is such an inspirational film! I also discovered a song by Overtone..."Colorblind". Check it out!


What came from this inspiration? My "bucket list" is finally in writing!!! 
Now...this could be the boredom speaking (reminder-living with the rents in a small town) or the fact that I am about to start something new (reminder-move to Austin for my first travel assignment), but I am excited to finally see this in print and hopefully start checking things off. 


Here goes nothing...

  • Learn 
    • Sign Language
    • Spanish
    • To sail
      • Memorial Day Weekend 2011. Inks Lake, Texas
    • To cook
    • To surf 
    • To snowboard
    • To play guitar
  • Travel
    • Visit each continent at least once
      • Europe 2000 (Italy)
      • South America 2010 (Peru)
      • Central America 2010 (Costa Rica)
    • Spend at least one full day in all 50 states
      • Arkansas
      • Texas
      • Tennessee
      • Virginia
      • D.C.
      • Florida
      • Colorado
      • Alabama
      • Illinois
      • Louisiana
      • Wyoming
      • Arizona
      • Nevada
      • New York
      • New Mexico
      • California
  • Accomplish
    • Run a race
    • Publish a picture
    • Be part of a lifelong & healthy marriage
    • Raise a happy & healthy child
  • Adventure
    • Sky Dive (October 2009)
    • Fly a plane (Co-pilot)
    • Scuba dive in the ocean
    • Witness a space shuttle launch
  • Career
    • Be a camp nurse for a summer
      • Camp Mitchell
        • July 2011
    • Travel Nurse 
      • Austin, Texas
        • April-June 2011
      • Los Angeles, California
        • August-
    • Be a Labor & Delivery nurse
    • Be a photographer

LIVE & LOVE LIFE!!


1 comment:

  1. Love that you put your bucket list in writting. I need to do that. I'm more than willing to help check another continent off your list!

    ReplyDelete