"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the Proof is Motivation

"To achieve happiness, we should make certain that we are never without an important goal." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

My inspiration for this post came when I saw this photo...


Why?
Two reasons.
  1. In this picture I am learning to sail and checking another item off my bucket list. Read Learning to Live for more details about the experience. Seeing this picture motivated me to continue checking things off my bucket list because if not now then when, right? So...I've started training for a half marathon! Silly, I know. I am not the greatest runner and have terrible knees and hips from many years of dancing, but I figure if 80 year olds can make it happen then so can I. I am using a 12 week training schedule that I found online and will probably tweek it a little bit. I am hoping to run the race come September or October, but I haven't decided what race I will actually run as I don't know where I will be living then. I intend to do a weekly post with my running progress so keep your eyes peeled for that! Hopefully announcing this to the "public" will keep me motivated and push me to the end! Any words of encouragement or advice are welcomed...bring it on! 
  2. When I saw this picture I thought...oh good god! While I don't think that I am an overweight girl, I look yucky. There were some other pictures which will not be discussed that confirmed my reaction too. So...seeing this photo and watching two episodes of Extreme Makeover:Weightloss Edition have motivated me to take control and lose those lbs that I have been complaining about since...well...since college I guess. (too much partying...definitely wouldn't have changed that though!) I am making a weight loss schedule that coincides with my training schedule.  I have decided that I will weight in every Tuesday and make goals for the weight loss per the running goals. Todays weight is 142 pounds. I can't believe that I am announcing this to the "public" but I know that unless I share I will not change. Extreme Makeover is really motivating me these days I guess! Per my marathon training I will be running 5 miles in 4 weeks and my goal weight for that day is going to be 138 pounds. Week 8 I should be running 8 miles and weigh in at 132 pounds. Week 12 I should me running 13.1 miles (ha...scary) and weigh in at 127 pounds. If I can do this then I think I will be at a healthy weight and in the best shape of my 25 years! Again...any words of encouragement or advice are welcomed! Bring it on!! 
LIVE a healthy LIFE!


1 comment:

  1. you are an awesome person with an awesome life! let me know which one you run and i'll run it with you!

    ReplyDelete