"When I quote others I do so in order to express my own ideas more clearly." ~Michel de Montaigne

Saturday, April 28, 2012

the Golden Gate Bridge


"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn." ~David Russell



I have done a ton of traveling and playing around the city of San Francisco since I moved from LA in January! It's hard to say no to biking the Golden Gate Bridge, driving up to Napa for the day, or meeting my family in Aspen for my dad's 60th birthday. 
I am going to try to catch up with the blog world and dedicate a few post to all these activities and some of my life here in SF.


I'll start with my first week in San Fran!
After the mandatory week of orientation and getting settled into my apartment, it was time to explore this amazing city. I was so lucky and met some fun people right off the bat in orientation. After talking one day in class some of us decided that we were going to rent bikes and bike the Golden Gate Bridge. I think I moved on a Saturday, had three days of class, and biked on Thursday. I was definitely eager to see the sights!


Amy, Nellie, and I rented bikes from a little shop in Fisherman's Wharf. We biked through the wharf, along the water to Crissy field, up to and over the bridge, down to Sausalito where we had lunch on the water, and took the ferry back. We had a great time! The weather was amazing, the crowds were low, and the experience was once in a lifetime. I would absolutely recommend this adventure for anyone visiting the area! It's cheap, good exercise, and a great way to see the bay.
 

LOVE LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment