"I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." ~ Maya Angelou
Let me start this post by saying that I LOVE the city of San Francisco. There is something so romantic about this city. I love the layout of the homes built into the hills. I love driving north on Divisadero on a beautiful, clear, sunny day. I LOVE the food! I love being surrounded by water. I love the multitude of neighborhoods that all have their own vastly different populations. I love being an hour from the wine country, 4 hours from Tahoe, and 4 hours from Yosemite. I love pacific coast sunsets. I love that there aren't any major highways in this 7 mile by 7 mile city. I love the smell of the trees is the Presidio.
I am living in a studio apartment in the Marina District which is the northern most part of SF. If I walk just a block north of my apartment I can see Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge (I would be standing in the bay's water though) and if I walk 10 minutes east I am in Fisherman's Wharf. There are several fun streets around me that have great shopping and tons of restaurants. I have been told that the Marina is full of young professionals who still live like they are in college. Amen to that! This is so true...most days when I am out and about I feel like I am back at TCU.
As with all my other travel assignments, my company placed me in this apartment and covers everything from rent to parking and utilities. I am only responsible for cable and internet. Lucky!? My mom hated it when I told her I was hijacking someones internet for the first two months. She would scream "HALEY...you don't have ANY expenses. At least get TV and internet yourself!!!!" I took her advice and now have my own system, but only because the people I was stealing from put a password on theirs. Shucks!
Anywho...here are some pictures of my studio.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |

| The view from a block North |
LOVE LIFE




No comments:
Post a Comment