“Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering!” ~Fanny Crosby
This is my last San Francisco post...how sad is that. Funny because I left SF about a week ago, but I feel like I have been reliving these great adventures via this little blog here and it saddens me that it really is over. Sad but true. On to the next adventure I guess (I will tell you all about it asap since I leave in 3 days!)
I've said this before, but I LOVED San Francisco. I would love to travel back there soon and maybe settle there for a little while. I really just love California in general and know that I will be there for a good part of my life! The people are great, the weather (most of the time) is spectacular, and the opportunities are endless. Please take my advice and visit Cali asap! You will not regret it!
Now to this post...
Funny thing is that this post isn't even about San Francisco or California for that matter. It's about Portland, Oregon. A friend (Alex) and I decided to play hookie from work one night and head to Portland for a few days. PS. I can now say that we played hookie because I no longer work there- haha! Alex's brother lives in Portland so we packed the car and drove 10 hours north. Within the first 5 hours of the trip we had already stopped 6 times (polar opposite of my typical road trip, but there was lots to see and we couldn't miss it!). We finally arrived in time to check out Powell's Books and grab a bite to eat. The three of us (Alex, her brother Paul, and myself) spent our time eating, drinking, goofing around at the zoo, and exploring beautiful Portland. This was my first trip to Oregon and I have to say, its pretty nice! Portland was relaxed, clean, and seemed to be a great place for all ages. I give it a thumbs up!








No comments:
Post a Comment